Since 2011, I have been spending November to April each year working for the British Antarctic Survey (BAS) on Signy Island in the South Orkney Islands, Antarctica. I work as a Zoological Field Assistant on the penguin and seal long-term monitoring programme. Before this, I spent 2.5 years on the sub-Antarctic island of Bird Island, South Georgia, in the South Atlantic.

This blog gives readers an insight into my day-to-day life in the Antarctic, from my first trip south in 2008 to the present day.

Sunday, 10 May 2009

A few more pictures....

Funny snow balls formed by the wind in Prion pond below Tonk.

Southern Giant petrel chick practicing learning to fly (South Georgia behind).

Bird Sound and South Georgia in the snow from the top of La Roche.

A wintery day on Bird Island- Jose and Ewan at the top of La Roche.

No comments: