Since 2011, I have been spending November to April each year working for the British Antarctic Survey (BAS) on Signy Island in the South Orkney Islands, Antarctica. I work as a Zoological Field Assistant on the penguin and seal long-term monitoring programme. Before this, I spent 2.5 years on the sub-Antarctic island of Bird Island, South Georgia, in the South Atlantic.

This blog gives readers an insight into my day-to-day life in the Antarctic, from my first trip south in 2008 to the present day.

Monday, 17 January 2011

Albatrosses.

Wanderer in the evening light.

Light-mantled sooty albatross chick.

Wanderer at sunset.

Light-mantled sooty albatross with chick.

5 comments:

MarkW said...

Some more beautiful photos on your blog; thanks for sharing them with us.
I guess you are at winding down stage, which must be strange.
I do hope you keep your blog up & let us know how it feels to be back in the "outside" world.

Grandma G said...

Funny... I posted about cold weather here in Minnesota today, then clicked "next blog" and it brought me to yours. :)

Awesome photos... love 'em!

Bob said...

I love your albatross pictures!

Rainbow of My Heart said...

It looks so sweet and nice to see albatros...because it's hard too see here in our country (Indonesia).If I can hear the sound, that would be glad to!

Madge said...

Beautiful photography!